- Full-time · Mid-Senior level
- Bristol (Hybrid)
- Closing Date 16/12
Based in Bristol, Portsmouth, and London, VIMA Group is an innovative and forward-thinking management consultancy that delivers professional services to its clients in the Defence and Security sectors. VIMA Group specialises in delivering P3M (Project, Programme & Portfolio Management), Project Controls, Procurement, Data Management, Learning and Development, Cyber Resilience and Business Analysis.
We add most value delivering these capabilities within the context of Digital Transformation. We work in partnership with our clients to implement transformation by providing the right blend of skills, expertise, and essential soft skills. We enable real and sustained change through established methodologies and bespoke application to our client’s environment.
What do we look for in a Managing Project Management Consultant?
As a Managing Consultant you will have the ability to demonstrate significant (5 years or more) knowledge of the following:
- Working within a Defence, Security, Public Sector or Consultancy environment.
- Project management approaches, methodologies and their practical application.
- Project controls, including integrated cost, schedule and risk management.
- Business change and transformation.
- Leading client account (and contracts) to profit and a high level of client satisfaction whilst balancing leading the delivery of internal company projects and initiatives.
- Mentoring and development of staff.
- Knowledge of Agile project management processes.
What will the role of Managing Consultant include?
As a VIMA Group Consultant you will act in client facing delivery and advisory roles helping our clients solve complicated problems, deliver complex change initiatives and improve business performance. Working as part of multi-disciplined teams across our large public sector clients you are trusted to use your own brand of analytical skills and experience to solve complex problems and find sustainable solutions to our client’s challenges. This often involves managing multiple stakeholders and you will need to use excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure that we continue to transfer our knowledge and provide enduring value to our clients.
As a Managing Consultant you will add value to the business through helping develop our capabilities, winning new business or adding to our outstanding trusting and flexible culture.
What are our values?
VIMA is a values-based organisation and we put our people at the heart of everything we do.
- Do you enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team?
- Can you work with integrity and respect for others?
- Do you strive to continuously learn and develop?
- Do you want to play a vital role in helping our clients to improve their capabilities and deliver essential benefits?
If our values resonate with yours, let’s start a conversation about how we could work together.
What can we offer in return?
VIMA Group offer a work culture like no other in defence and security. Whilst we maintain outstanding professional standards at all times we also offer all our staff a trusting, flexible and supportive place to work. We will do as much as we can to help accommodate whatever is important to you, be it your growing family, managing your local sports team or leading the way in your chosen field. This is reflected in our raft of benefits available to all our staff. At VIMA Group, we put our people first – and we truly mean it.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer all the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Private Medical Insurance – with flexible cover options.
- 5 x Salary Life Assurance.
- Health cash plan – with flexible cover options.
- Professional training at our own learning and development centre.
- Cycle to Work.
- Perks at Work.
- Contributory company pension.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Holiday trading Scheme.
- Electric Car Scheme.
A word on UK Security Clearance
Due to the secure nature of the position, you must have or be eligible to obtain, UK SC or DV Security Clearance.
More details relating to UK Security Clearance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
What to do next
If you are interested in the above, please apply using the link provided.
To find out more about the vacancy or VIMA Group, please contact George Cumersdale on 07375 627063 or email [email protected]
VIMA group recognises the benefits of Reserve service to Country, Company and individual. VIMA Group has HR Policies to support Reservists and actively encourages them to apply.