- Full-time · Mid-Senior level
- Portsmouth (Hybrid)
- Closing Date 28/02
Based in Bristol and Portsmouth, VIMA Group is an innovative and forward-thinking management consultancy that delivers professional services to its clients in the Defence and Security sectors.
This is a very exciting time for VIMA Group and this year we have ambitious plans for continued growth and development. We are seeking to add to our team of experienced, motivated and passionate consultants to work with us on this journey.
- Do you enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team?
- Can you work with integrity and respect for others?
- Do you strive to continuously learn and develop?
- Do you want to play a vital role in helping our clients to improve their capabilities and deliver essential benefits?
If our values resonate with yours, let’s start a conversation about how we could work together.
Why are we recruiting?
This is a very exciting time for VIMA Group, we have recently been acquired and are looking to turbo-charge our growth ambitions. We are looking for a motivated Project Controls Consultant with excellent Planning & Scheduling knowledge to join our Portsmouth office to work within an established team on one of our largest defence sector accounts.
What does it take to work at VIMA Group?
VIMA Group specialise in delivering P3M (Project, Programme & Portfolio Management) & Project Controls, Procurement, Data Management, Learning and Development, Cyber Assurance, Business Analysis and Transformation.
We add most value delivering these capabilities within the context of Digital Transformation. We work in partnership with our clients to implement transformation by providing the right blend of skills, expertise, and essential soft skills. Through established methodologies and bespoke application to our client’s environment we enable real and sustained change.
As a VIMA Group Project Controls Consultant / Project Planner you will be acting in client facing delivery and advisory roles concerned with Planning and Scheduling. Working as part of multi-disciplined teams across our large public sector clients you are trusted to use your own brand of analytical skills and experience to solve complex problems and find sustainable solutions to our clients challenges. This often involves managing multiple stakeholders and you will need to use excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure that we continue to transfer our knowledge and provide enduring value to our clients.
What do we look for in a Project Controls Consultant / Project Planner.
As a Project Controls Consultant / Project Planner you will have the ability to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Working within a Defence, Security, Public Sector or Consultancy environment.
- Project management approaches, methodologies and their practical application in Waterfall, Agile and hybrid environments.
- Experience of maintaining schedules and developing schedules from the outset.
- Experience of analysing supplier schedules and incorporating within a client schedule.
- Proficient use of planning software, ideally including MS Project Online (Enterprise Project Management (EPM)) and/or Primavera P6.
What can we offer in return?
VIMA Group offer a work culture like no other in defence and security. Whilst we maintain outstanding professional standards at all times we also offer all our staff a trusting, flexible and supportive place to work. We will do as much as we can to help accommodate whatever is important to you, be it your growing family, managing your local sports team or leading the way in your chosen field. This is reflected in our raft of benefits available to all our staff. At VIMA Group, we put our people first – and we truly mean it.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer all the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Private Medical Insurance – with flexible cover options.
- 5 x Salary Life Assurance.
- Health cash plan – with flexible cover options.
- Professional training at our own learning and development centre.
- Cycle to Work.
- Perks at Work.
- Contributory company pension.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Holiday trading Scheme.
- Electric Car Scheme.
A word on UK Security Clearance
Due to the secure nature of the position, you must have, or be eligible to obtain, UK SC or DV Security Clearance.
More details relating to UK Security Clearance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
What to do next
If you are interested in the above, please apply using the link provided.
To find out more about the vacancy or VIMA Group, please contact George Cumersdale on 07375 627063 or email email@example.com.