- Full-time · Entry level
- Portsmouth (Hybrid)
- Closing Date 10/03
Who are VIMA Group?
Based in Bristol and Portsmouth VIMA Group is an innovative and forward-thinking management consultancy that delivers professional services to its clients in the Defence and Security sectors.
We specialise in delivering P3M (Project, Programme & Portfolio Management) & Project Controls, Cyber Resilience, Data Management, Learning and Development, Business Analysis and Procurement Support. We add the most value delivering these capabilities within the context of Digital Transformation.
We work in partnership with our clients to implement transformation by providing the right blend of skills, expertise, and essential soft skills. Through established methodologies and bespoke application to our client’s environment we enable real and sustained change.
This is a very exciting time for VIMA Group and this year we have ambitious plans for continued growth and development. We are seeking to add to our team of experienced, motivated and passionate consultants to work with us on this journey.
- Do you enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team?
- Can you work with integrity and respect for others?
- Do you strive to continuously learn and develop?
- Do you want to play a vital role in helping our clients to improve their capabilities and deliver essential benefits?
If our values resonate with yours, let’s start a conversation about how we could work together.
Why are we recruiting?
This is a very exciting time for VIMA Group, we have recently been acquired and are looking to turbo-charge our growth ambitions. In Partnership with PETA, we are looking for two motivated Apprentice Consultants who are keen on pursuing a career in IT delivery to join our Portsmouth office to work within an established team on one of our largest defence sector accounts.
What does the role entail?
As a VIMA Group IT Specialist you will be in a permanent full-time role providing technical support to our client primarily within an established Windows 10 / O365 environment. The role will be based in Portsmouth, but with regular travel to other UK locations as required.
The role is working directly with our client and will involve providing excellent customer service, escalating unresolved customer issues to your Team Leader. You will be working on client sites and be expected to follow all onsite security and health and safety protocols. You will be responsible for care, operation and daily checks on company-assigned vehicles i.a.w. policy.
This is a learning position, you will be working as part of a team as well as having regular classroom time with our partners at PETA.
You will learn the following, and more;
- Provision of support for Windows 10 IT Systems
- Trouble-shooting initial issues with cabling or system configuration
- Assisting users with initial system configuration
- Provision of support for any reasonable hardware changes
- Disconnecting and storing existing hardware and cabling following best practice electrical safety and manual handling guidelines.
- Removing all hardware to safe and secure storage
What do we look for in an Apprentice Consultant / IT Specialist?
As an Apprentice Consultant / IT Specialist you must:
- Have an enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be willing to commit to learning for a Level 3 IT Apprenticeship
- Have a minimum of GCSE Mathematics and English at level 4 or equivalent
- Have a full driving licence
- Meet security standard requirements
What can we offer in return?
VIMA Group offers a work culture like no other in defence and security. Whilst we maintain outstanding professional standards at all times we also offer all our staff a trusting, flexible and supportive place to work. We will do as much as we can to help accommodate whatever is important to you, be it your growing family, managing your local sports team or leading the way in your chosen field. This is reflected in our raft of benefits available to all our staff. At VIMA Group, we put our people first – and we truly mean it.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer all the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Private Medical Insurance – with flexible cover options.
- 5 x Salary Life Assurance.
- Health cash plan – with flexible cover options.
- Professional training at our own learning and development centre.
- Cycle to Work.
- Perks at Work.
- Contributory company pension.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Holiday trading Scheme.
- Electric Car Scheme.
A word on UK Security Clearance
Due to the secure nature of the position, you must have or be eligible to obtain, UK SC or DV Security Clearance. More details relating to UK Security Clearance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
What to do next
If you are interested in the above, please apply using the link provided.
To find out more about the vacancy or VIMA Group, please contact George Cumersdale on 07375627063 or email George.firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIMA group recognises the benefits of Reserve service to Country, Company and individual.
VIMA Group have HR Policies to support Reservists and actively encourages them to apply.